What is Personal Information?
Personal information includes any factual or subjective information, recorded or not, about an identifiable individual.Personal information includes information that relates to:
- Their personal characteristics:
- gender, age, name, income, home address or phone/fax number or email address
- ethnic background, family status, ID numbers, credit card information
- financial information, travel preferences, passport/visa information
- Their health:
- health history, health conditions, health services received by them
- Their activities and views :
- religion, politics, opinions expressed by an individual, an opinion or evaluation of an individual
- Employee files, credit records, loan records, medical records, existence of a dispute between a consumer and a merchant, intentions (e.g. to acquire goods or services, or change jobs).
Personal information is to be contrasted with business information (e.g. an individual’s business address, telephone/fax number, job title, and email address) which is not protected by privacy legislation.
Who are we?
TTI Travel is a full service travel management company, arranging travel products and services for our clients with a wide spectrum of industry suppliers. Accordingly, we deal with a number of consultants and third parties that may, in the course of their duties, have limited access to personal information we hold. These include airlines, railroads, cruise lines, tour operators, computer reservations system providers, and other travel-related vendors. We restrict their access to any personal information we hold as much as is reasonably possible.
Use of Personal Information:
Like all travel agencies, we collect, use, disclose and process personal information in order to serve our clients. For our clients, the primary purposes for collecting personal information are as follows:
- To make and secure reservations.
- To issue transportation documents and vouchers
- To provide travel suppliers with information to complete the necessary purchasing arrangements for a wide array of travel and tourism products / services.
- To administer billing and accounting services and security measures in relation to your business and/or your Company’s business with us.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- To provide information to your Company and its affiliates and their respective service providers and agents, including transferring the information to an alternative travel service provider of your Company.
- To provide travel industry related updates and updates regarding TTI Travel.
- To promote/market travel related specials.
- To develop and maintain our business relationship with our clients.
We also collect personal information from our employees and contractors to assure our proper compliance with employment laws, remuneration, tax payments and other employee/contractor functions.Consent to Use Personal Information:We collect, disclose, use and process Information for the purposes set out above under “Use of Personal Information” and consented to by you. Before using your Information for any other purposes we will explain them to you and seek consent. You may refuse to consent to these new purposes.Subject to legal and contractual restrictions, you can withdraw your consent to our use of your Information at any time with reasonable notice. If you refuse or withdraw your consent for any purpose that is required by us to fulfill our product or service contract with you of the Company, we will not be able to provide you, or to continue to provide you, with the product or service.
Protecting Personal Information:
We understand the importance of protecting personal information. For that reason, we have taken the following steps:
- External consultants and agencies with access to personal information must enter into privacy agreements with us or acknowledge that they abide by PIPEDA – Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
- We employ safeguards designed to protect the confidentiality and security of our customer information.
Retention and Destruction of Personal Information:
We need to retain personal information for some time to ensure that we can answer any questions you might have about the services provided and for our own accountability to external regulatory bodies. TTI Travel has instituted maximum and minimum retention periods that take into account any legal requirements or restrictions and redress mechanisms. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfill our service commitments as outlined in “Use of Personal Information” is destroyed, erased or rendered anonymous in a way that prevents improper access.Access to your Personal Information:Upon your written request, we will disclose to you the Information in your file, subject to certain limitations. We will need to confirm your identity, if we do not know you, before providing you with this access. We reserve the right to charge a nominal fee for such requests. You have the right to correct any information which is inaccurate or incomplete. This applies to factual information and not to any professional opinions we may have formed. We may ask you to provide documentation that our files are incorrect. Where we agree that we made a mistake, we will make the correction and notify anyone to whom we sent this information. If we do not agree that we have made a mistake, we will still agree to include in our file a brief statement from you on the point and we will forward the statement to anyone else who received the earlier information.
We will respond to a written request from you within thirty (30) days of its receipt. If for any reason we do not grant you access, we will provide you with written reason(s).
Privacy Concerns & Questions:
If you wish to make a formal complaint about our privacy practices, you may contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you within 24 hours. We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint; ensure that it is investigated promptly and that you are provided with a formal decision and reasons in writing. For more general inquiries, the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees the administration of the privacy legislation in the private sector. The Commissioner also acts as a kind of ombudsman for privacy disputes.